2/3/2018 – 2/4/2018
Overview: Organized by the Bangladesh Botanical Society (BBS), the 7th International Botanical Conference was held at the University of Dhaka on February 3-4, 2018. It attracted about 300 participants from Bangladesh and abroad, representing policymakers, public and private universities, national agricultural research institutes, private laboratories, and non-governmental organizations.
The conference’s theme was “Plant Diversity - Food Security and Environmental Management.” In addition to a poster session, it included scientific sessions covering the following aspects of plant sciences:
- Environmental Management and Conservation Biology
- Restoration of Plant Diversity, Food Security, and Global Climate Change
- Microbes and Plant Diseases
- Genetics, Biotechnology, and Biosafety Regulations in Genetically Engineered Crops
- Taxonomy and Ethnobotany
- Plant Physiology, Nutrition, and Horticulture.
The ILSI Research Foundation's South Asia Biosafety Program sponsored the “Genetics, Biotechnology, and Biosafety Regulations in Genetically Engineered Crops” session.