19th World Congress of Food Science and Technology
10/23/2018 – 10/27/2018
CIDCO Exhibition Center
ILSI India, ILSI Europe, ILSI North America, and ILSI Research Foundation are participating in IUFoST 2018. ILSI will also be exhibiting during the Congress.
The 19th IUFoST World Food Science andTechnology Congress brings together researchers, academicians, professionals, policy makers and food scientists and industries to cover the latest advances in our understanding of food in all its manifestations like food safety, food security, regulations, innovations in food processing, hygienic design and engineering, frontier areas in food science & technology, novel food products, markets and consumer preferences and much more of the latest of cutting edge technologies in each sector.
The event highlights workshops, inauguration, plenary talks and distinguished lectures, scientific & poster sessions, presentations by young scientists, valedictory & award presentations, exhibition – food expo, gala dinner and socio-cultural events and B to B interactions, including students and faculty meetings with industries events to give a glimpse of the overarching program.
Session Title: Data Requirements & Analytical Challenges in Ensuring Food Safety and Quality
- Observations by Chair: Mr. D H Pai Panandiker
- Chairman, ILSI-India, New Delhi
- Dr. S K Saxena, Director, Export Inspection Council, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India, New Delhi “Analytical Challenges in Ensuring Compliance with International Practices”
- Dr. G. M. Tewari, NABL Assessor, Mumbai “Laboratory Accreditation: Benefits and Requirement to Ensure Credibility of Data Generated”
- Closing Remarks: Ms. Rekha Sinha, Executive Director, ILSI-India, New Delhi
ILSI Europe & ILSI North America
Session Title: ILSI’s Food Safety Potpourri: Approaches to Optimize Food Quality
- Dr. Diana Banati, ILSI Europe
- Dr. Daryl Lund, University of Wisconsin
- Dr. Monica Ponder, Virginia Tech “Survival of Salmonella enterica and a surrogate microorganism on whole black peppercorns and cumin seeds subjected to ethylene oxide fumigation or vacuum-assisted steam pasteurization”
- Dr. Peter Gerner-Smidt “The Use of Next Generation Sequencing for Improving Food Safety”
- Ms Sue O’Hagan, PepsiCo International “New Approaches to Exposure Assessment of Process-Related Contaminants in Food by Biomarker Monitoring”
ILSI North America Special Presentation
Scientific Session 19 “Networking NGOs, Academia, and Industrial Institutions Scientific Integrity in the Era of Fake News and Distrust of Scientists”
- Dr. Daryl Lund, University of Wisconsin “Special Address—Conflict of Interest and Scientific Integrity. How can Science Overcome the Current Environment of Public Distrust?”
ILSI Research Foundation
Scientific Session 34 “Advances in Molecular Biology as Relevant to Food Technology”
- Dr. Michael Knowles, IUFoST Governing Council Member
- Dr. Andrew Roberts, Deputy Executive Director, ILSI Research Foundation
- Dr. Andrew Roberts, Deputy Executive Director, ILSI Research Foundation, Washington DC
- Dr. Vibha Ahuja, Chief General Manager, Biotech Consortium India Limited. New Delhi
- Dr. Lalitha R. Gowda, Member, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India; Former Chief Scientist, Central Food Lab, CFTRI, Mysore
Check back for updates.