2018-04-18 – 2018-04-20
All videos and presentations (upon author’s agreement) can be found HERE
Poster Abstract Submission
• British English spelling;
• Title: Arial font, font size 14, bold, 1.15 line spacing, centred text. Avoid lengthy titles;
• Authors’ names: Full names of all authors (i.e. first name and last name), Arial font, font size 14, bold, 1.15 line spacing, centred text, underline the author who has been designated to present, use superscript numbers (1, 2, 3…) to indicate affiliations (unless all authors have the same affiliation);
• Affiliations: Provide affiliations for each author by indicating the author’s Organisation and Country. Please define any acronyms you use by first spelling out the full name then adding the acronym in parentheses;
• Abstract Body: Max 300 words, Unstructured (one single paragraph, no headings), Arial font, font size 11, 1.15 line spacing, justified text.
Important: Abstracts which do not meet the requirements above will be sent back to authors and will not be reviewed.
To help you comply with the format requirements, we have created a template in MS Word (see below). You are strongly encouraged to use this template.
Template for abstracts
The template for abstracts can be downloaded: HERE. Abstracts not complying with the format requirements will be sent back to authors and will not be reviewed.
Where to submit?
You can only submit an abstract if you have been invited to this event. Participation is upon invitation only. If you are interested to attend, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your abstract, please send it to email@example.com.
Please use the following email subject: “Poster abstract for Food Allergy Symposium 2018”.
You will receive a confirmation of your abstract submission within 48 hours. If you have not received any confirmation passed this time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended to 28 February 2018.
The flyer including the programme is available here.
• Prof. Clare Mills – Chair, University of Manchester (UK)
• Prof. Kirsten Beyer, Charité University Medical Centre (DE)
• Prof. René Crevel, René Crevel Consulting (UK)
• Dr Montserrat Fernández Rivas, Hospital Clínico San Carlos (ES)
• Dr James Hindley, Indoor Biotechnologies (UK)
• Ms Sabine Schnadt, German Allergy and Asthma Association (DAAB) (DE)
• Prof. Stephen Taylor, University of Nebraska (FARRP) (US)
• Dr Ronald van Ree, Academic Medical Centre (NL)
• Dr Cyril Marsaux, ILSI Europe (BE)
Registration is open. You can register by clicking on the link below: Registration Food Allergy Symposium.
500€ for non-industry attendees
800€ for industry attendees
Venue and Accommodation
Located in a quiet but central area of Madrid, next to the Parque de Retiro, the Ayre Gran Hotel Colón is a 4-star hotel that has been recently renovated. Metro lines 6 and 9 at the metro station Sainz de Baranda (300 meters from the hotel) give you easy access to sight worthy sites such as the museum Thyssen-Bornemisza, the Reina Sofía and the Prado.
Wireless internet access is available everywhere in the whole hotel, free of charge. Bedrooms are equipped with hair dryer, satellite TV and minibar. In addition, the hotel has a business centre, and a fitness and wellness centre.
The official check-in time is 14:00 and the official check-out time is 12:00.
From Madrid Barajas Airport to Ayre Gran Hotel Colón
The Adolfo Suarez Madrid Barajas airport is just 16 km from the hotel (northern western part of Madrid). There are various ways of getting to Ayre Gran Hotel Colón.
Underground: At the airport, take metro line 8 to Nuevos Minterios. There, step out and take line 6 step out at metro station Sainz de Baranda that is located at 300 metres from the hotel. The transfer takes about 35 minutes. A one-way fare costs 4,50 € and tickets can be purchased at the Airport ticket machines.
A drive by taxi takes about 30 minutes and costs on average 30,-€.
From Atocha Renfe to Ayre ran Hotel Colón:
At the underground exit of Atocha Renfe, take line 1 direction Valdecarros and step out at the metro station Pacifico to take line 6 until metro station Sainz de Baranda that is located at 300 meters from the hotel. The transfer takes about 15 minutes. A one-way fare costs 1.5€.