19th World Congress of Food Science and Technology
2018-10-23 – 2018-10-27
CIDCO Exhibition Center
Stop by Booth A73 to Say Hello to ILSI!
ILSI India, ILSI Europe, ILSI North America, and ILSI Research Foundation are participating in IUFoST 2018. ILSI will also be exhibiting during the Congress.
The 19th IUFoST World Food Science and Technology Congress brings together researchers, academicians, professionals, policy makers and food scientists and industries to cover the latest advances in our understanding of food in all its manifestations like food safety, food security, regulations, innovations in food processing, hygienic design and engineering, frontier areas in food science & technology, novel food products, markets and consumer preferences and much more of the latest of cutting edge technologies in each sector.
The event highlights workshops, inauguration, plenary talks and distinguished lectures, scientific & poster sessions, presentations by young scientists, valedictory & award presentations, exhibition - food expo, gala dinner and socio-cultural events and B to B interactions, including students and faculty meetings with industries events to give a glimpse of the overarching program.
Scientific Session 15 "Data Requirements & Analytical Challenges in Ensuring Food Safety and Quality"
25 October, 2018 11:00 - 12:30 Hall 03
- Chair: Prof. P K Seth, NASI Platinum Jubinlee Fellow, Former Director IITR, Lucknow
- Co-chair: Ms. Rekha Sinha, Executive Director, ILSI-India
- Dr. S K Saxena, Director, Export Inspection Council, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India, “Analytical Challenges in Ensuring Compliance with International Practices”
- Dr. G. M. Tewari, NABL Assessor, “Laboratory Accreditation: Benefits and Requirement to Ensure Credibility of Data Generated”
ILSI Research Foundation
Scientific Session 34 “Advances in Molecular Biology as Relevant to Food Technology”
26 October, 2018 8:30 - 10:00 Hall 04
- Dr. Michael Knowles, IUFoST Governing Council Member
- Dr. Andrew Roberts, Deputy Executive Director, ILSI Research Foundation
- Dr. Andrew Roberts, Deputy Executive Director, ILSI Research Foundation, Washington DC
- Dr. Vibha Ahuja, Chief General Manager, Biotech Consortium India Limited. New Delhi
- Dr. Lalitha R. Gowda, Member, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India; Former Chief Scientist, Central Food Lab, CFTRI, Mysore
ILSI Europe & ILSI North America
Scientific Session 43 "ILSI's Food Safety Potpourri: Approaches to Optimize Food Quality"
26 October, 2018 14:00 - 15:30 Hall 01
- Prof. Diána Bánáti, Executive Director, ILSI Europe
- Dr. Daryl Lund, University of Wisconsin-Madison, former chair ILSI North America Board of Trustees
- Dr. Monica Ponder, Virginia Tech, "Survival of Salmonella Enterica and a Surrogate Microorganism on Whole Black Peppercorns and Cumin Seeds Subjected to Ethylene Oxide Fumigation or Vacuum-assisted Steam Pasteurization"
- Dr. Peter Gerner-Smidt, Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), "The Use of Next Generation Sequencing for Improving Food Safety"
- Ms. Sue O’Hagan, PepsiCo International, "New Approaches to Exposure Assessment of Process-Related Contaminants in Food by Biomarker Monitoring"
ILSI North America
Scientific Session 8 "Networking of Research, Academia and Industrial Institutions"
24 October, 2018 16:00 - 17:30 Hall 02
- Dr. Daryl Lund, University of Wisconsin-Madison, “Scientific Integrity in the Era of Fake News and Distrust of Scientists”
Special Address 14 "Conflict of Interest and Scientific Integrity. How Can Science Overcome the Current Environment of Public Distrust?”
25 October, 2018 13:25 - 13:55 Hall 02
- Dr. Daryl Lund, University of Wisconsin-Madison