ILSI shares science to diverse audiences by hosting, sponsoring, and co-organizing a variety of events around the world. These include independent symposia; workshops; hands-on scientific training; and sessions held as part of the program of larger scientific and professional meetings.
Organização: ILSI Europa. Coorganização pena Universidade de Minho e Força-tarefa Food Safety do ILSI Brasil. O prazo para envio dos resumos está encerrado.
- Introduce scientific topics related to mycotoxins and mycotoxins mitigation.
- Explore opportunities for collaborative research between Europe and Latin America.
- Strengthen interaction between young researchers from Europe and Latin America with ILSI Europe and ILSI Brasil.
The Food Contaminants Task Force of ILSI Europe, University of Minho, and the Food Safety Task Force of ILSI Brasil, were proud to announce their joint digital seminar for Early Career Scientist.
The 2021 edition focused on mycotoxins research and mitigation strategies in Europe and Latin America.
- 14.00-14.05: Welcome - Dr Siméon Bourdoux (ILSI Europe, BE)
- 14.05-14.25: Mycotoxins decontamination approaches - Dr Thalita Calado (University of Minho, PT)
- 14.25-14.45: Cold plasma technology for controlling fungi and mycotoxins in food - Prof. Liliana O. Rocha (Universidade Estadual de Campinas, BR)
- 14-45-15.05: Evaluation of near infrared spectral information as quick assessment of enniatin contamination in barley - Dr Elem Caramês (Universidade Estadual de Campinas, BR)
- 15.05-15.45: Break - recorded presentations
- 15.45-16.30: Panel discussion - Chairs: Michele Suman, Prof. Armando Venancio
Submission of abstracts
The Organising Committee launched the call for abstracts (for live web presentations) for the Early Career Scientists Seminar 2021, taking place via live web streaming on December 15th, 2021, 14.00-17.00 CET.
We invited scientists who obtained their highest degree (MsC or PhD) within the past 10 years to take this opportunity to boost the visibility of their work in front of an audience made up of scientists and experts from Europe and Latin America.
This year the abstracts focused on 'Mycotoxins research and mitigation strategies'
- The best submissions were invited to present their work as keynote speaker in the live session.
- The other submissions were invited to record a video of their presentation that will be shared during the event.
Click on the bullet points below to watch the presentations:
- Modes of action of rosemary against ochratoxigenic Penicilium nordicum in dry-cured fermented sausages - María Micaela Álvarez Rubio
- A biological technique for binding Alfatoxin M1 in fresh cheese - Bruna Leonel Gonçalves
- OTA degradation by carboxypeptidase A: a study of mechanism and applicability - Prof. Larine Kupski
- Ionic liquid as a pretreatment in trichothecenes determination in wheat - Juliane Lima da Silva
- Influence of the food contaminant deoxynivalenol in inflammatory bowel diseases - Delphine Payros
- NX-3ANX: Intestinal toxicity assessment - Alix Pierron
- Ochratoxin A and Patulin in tomatoes: occurrence and method validation - Marcy Heli Rodrigues
- Contamination profile of group B Trichothecenes in oat derivatives - Verônica Simões de Borba
- Occurrence of Fusarium graminearum species complex and its mycotoxins in barley naturally present in the pampa biome - Caio H.T. Iwase
- Dr Michele Suman, Barilla G&R Fratelli (IT)
- Prof. Armando Venâncio, University of Minho (PT)
- Dr Adriana Arisseto, Universidade Estadual de Campinas (BR)
- Ms Laila Zeraik, ILSI Brasil (BR)
- Dr Siméon Bourdoux, ILSI Europe (BE)
- Abstract submission: Sep 15th - Oct 15th
- Announcement of selected Abstracts: Nov 15th
- Selected Abstracts Video Submission/Recording: Nov 15th - Dec 7th
- Registration: Nov 1st - Dec 14th
- Event: Dec 15th