Virtual Conversation: Science Teaching in Times of Pandemic in the Americas: Impact, Challenges and Projections Post Covid
December 2, 2021
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
How is the implementation of online learning visualized, and the implementation of mental/practical activities in science learning in the post-pandemic? What epistemological and practical changes are required to improve science learning and teaching in the post-pandemic in region, taking into account previous experiences and during Covid 19? Have we learned the lessons that the pandemic leaves us and will we have the resources to face the new challenges that S&T demands from the post Covid?
Innovation, technology, the natural and complex, non-linear thinking will be at the base of the new reality. To continue doing the same without rethinking your attitudes and activities is to go straight to the precipice.
We are all in time to find new paths. You just have to find new personal and business routes. RECREATION…!
This discussion is organized by INTERCIENCIA, CONICIT of Costa Rica, ILSI Mesoamérica and LANOTEC CENAT and will be held:
- Date: December 2, 2021
- Time: 2 to 5 pm, Costa Rica time (GMT-6)
- Dr. Abdiel Aponte, Director of the Research Center for the Improvement of Science Teaching (CIMECNE), University of Panama
- Dra. Giselle Tamayo, Professor, teacher, and researcher at the School of Chemistry of the University of Costa Rica
- Dra. Norma Sbarbati Nudelman, Professor at the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), Senior Researcher at the National Council for Scientific and Technical Research (Conicet), Argentina
- Dr. Silvia Goyanes, Director of the Laboratory of Polymers and Composite Materials (Nanomaterials) of the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), Argentina
- Dr. Eduardo Mortimer, Professor, and researcher at the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil
- Dr. Benjamín Scharifker, Emeritus Professor of the Simón Bolívar University. Rector of the Metropolitan University, Venezuela