REDCIMOVI is a proposal that integrates the applied research efforts between the Universities and the Central American Ministries of Education in the promotion of school health, using the human movement and related areas as the main tool. The work of this project includes creating sustainable development models, where training, promotion, and prevention are the elements that help create children and adolescents on the move.
The objective of the project is to develop a network of applied research in childhood and adolescence, in the fields of human movement, psychomotor skills, and health where: promote, direct, execute and disseminate research on social impact on health and human movement, in order to support decision making and the formulation of impact policies, strategies, and interventions.
REDCIMOVI currently has the collaboration of Universities:
- University of San Carlos of Guatemala
- Francisco Morazán National Pedagogical University of Honduras at its Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula headquarters
- National Autonomous University of Nicaragua, León headquarters
- El Salvador University
- Specialized University of the Americas (UDELAS) in Panama.
- National University of Costa Rica
Below we present the scientific article: Analysis of overweight and obesity, levels of physical activity and self-esteem of Salvadoran children (Spanish version)