ASEAN members States have laid out their common vision for sustainable agriculture and food security in the region through the ASEAN integrated Food Security Framework and Strategic Plan of Action for Food Security for 2015-2020. This includes the promotion of sustainable food production such as by adopting new agricultural technologies to improve productivity and efficiency, reduce post-harvest losses, address climate change as well as enhance nutrition. To facilitate the understanding and knowledge dissemination, it is important that key stakeholders along the value chain and regulatory authorities gain insight on the advancement of the current and future food agriculture technologies, their potential adoption, and impact on the food production chain.
This seminar, to be held in Philippines, is the 5th in this topic series that have been held in Singapore and Malaysia in 2016, and Indonesia and Australia in 2017.
1. To provide the latest updates on the role of agriculture and processing technologies in sustainable food crops production for benefits across the entire food supply chain
2. To provide an overview of current plant breeding technologies to meet challenges of increasing yields, improving tolerance to plant diseases and enhancing quality of harvested products for improved food and nutrition security and sustainability
3. To discuss the current status on managing new molecular traits, regulation and authentication in the supply chain for sustainable food supply and nutrition improvement
ILSI SEA Region & ILSI SEA Region Phillipines Country Committee
WITH SUPPORT FROM
The venue of the Seminar is at
Pan Pacific Hotel, Manila, Philippines
M. Adriatico corner, Gen. Malvar Streets,
Manila City 1004, Malate, Philippines
Click HERE for the Program.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
• Biotechnology & Food Science Professionals
• Food Industry Representatives
• Policy-makers & Government Representatives
• Nutrition & Economics Professionals
• Academia, Researchers & Research Students
Kindly click HERE to register.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Ms. Ellaine Javier
ILSI SEA Region Philippines Country Committee Secretariat