Washington, DC, United States
11:00am – 12:00pm
Online, GoTo Webinar
The new ILSI research program in the U.S. and Canada will address the nutrition, food safety and sustainability issues most important to supporting the public’s health. Spearheaded by an all-new staff, an unparalleled research portfolio, as well as re-envisioned governance and funding models, this ILSI research program in the U.S. and Canada aims to become a leader in clear-sighted, impactful scientific research.
As a global nonprofit federation of entities, ILSI convenes scientists at the forefront of research in the public, academic and private sectors. For more than 40 years, ILSI’s scientific activities have spread to most parts of the world. ILSI will continue its work by strengthening its reach to include addressing global research needs in the U.S. and Canada.
Please join us for the official launch of this new ILSI research program. ILSI will offer two identical webinars at different times on both June 7 and June 9.
- Register for the webinar on June 7, 2022, at 11 a.m. EDT here.
- Register for the webinar on June 9, 2022, at 4 p.m. EDT here.
The introductory webinars will cover:
- A short introduction to the ILSI Federation.
- The structure and objectives of the ILSI U.S. and Canada Governance Committee, which is chaired by Dr. Johanna Dwyer, as well as the program’s innovative funding model.
- ILSI’s Principles of Scientific Integrity and how the ILSI U.S. and Canada Science Board, chaired by Dr. Connie Weaver, will uphold those values.
- The unique, globally focused scientific portfolio proposed for the new project-driven and solution-oriented ILSI U.S. and Canada research program.
ILSI’s research program in the U.S. and Canada will offer many benefits across the academic, public and private sectors. This program offers academics the opportunity to collaborate internationally on their research and expand their professional visibility. Its infrastructure provides an opportunity for public sector representatives to access research into health threats that present risk to both global and regional populations, as well as methodologies to help solve these public health challenges. Finally, through its modernized, innovative funding model (e.g., no membership fees), this program offers private sector companies—including small companies and startups—visibility, as well as the opportunity to participate in important research projects on nutrition, food safety and sustainability issues.
Working within the global ILSI Federation, the ILSI U.S. and Canada research program will extend and expand ILSI’s work to address complex issues that will benefit the health and well-being of everyone for generations to come. Please join us on either June 7 or June 9 for the official launch of this exciting new program.