ILSI 2024 Annual Meeting Session 2 – Deep Space Food Challenge: Insights into the Future of Food Production Systems
Monday, January 22, 2024 | 2:00 – 5:10 p.m.
Co-Chairs: Leila Saldanha, PhD, RD, Independent Scientist, USA and Todd Abraham, PhD, MBA, Senior Vice-President at Mondelēz (Retired), USA
Featuring presentations from:
- Angela Herblet, Program Analyst & Challenge Manager for NASA Centennial Challenges, USA
- Ralph Fritsche, Senior Project Manager for Space Crop Production at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, USA
- Matthew Bamsey, PhD, Manager, Deep Space Food Production (Acting); Lunar Exploration Program, Canadian Space Agency, Canada (remote participation)
- Sonja Brungs, PhD, Crew Support Engineer at DLR for European Space Agency, Germany
- Barbara Belvisi, Founder & CEO at Interstellar Lab, France
- Arttu Luukanen, Senior Vice President, Space and Defense, Solar Foods, Finland
There will be a coffee break during this session from 3:20 – 3:40 p.m.
This session will conclude with all speakers participating in a roundtable discussion moderated by Todd Abraham, PhD, MBA, Senior Vice-President at Mondelēz (Retired), USA.