ILSI 2024 Annual Meeting Session 1 – Cultivated Meats: Pioneering Safety in Next-Gen Proteins
Monday, January 22, 2024 | 10:40 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.
Co-Chairs: Melanie Abley, PhD, Senior Advisor for Food Safety, Nutrition and Human Health, Office of the Chief Scientist, USDA, USA and René Viñas, PhD, Senior Manager, Toxicologist, UPSIDE Foods, USA
This session will include two roundtable discussions focused on:
- Food Safety and Quality.
- Technological Advancements, Future Prospects and Consumer Perception.
Panelists will include:
- David Kaplan, PhD, Tufts University School of Engineering, USA
- Mathew Lau, PhD, A*STAR, Singapore
- David Prescott, PhD, Health Products and Food Branch, Health Canada
- David B. Schmidt, AOAC International, USA
Additional panelists are currently being invited.