ILSI shares science to diverse audiences by hosting, sponsoring, and co-organizing a variety of events around the world. These include independent symposia; workshops; hands-on scientific training; and sessions held as part of the program of larger scientific and professional meetings.
호흡기 건강 : 연구개발자 간담회
2023. 11. 14. 오후 2시 30분
비앤디파트너스 삼성역점(강남구 테헤란로 626 메디톡스빌딩 B1)
신청 및 문의 ILSI KOREA
The ILSI Europe Annual Symposium (IEAS) will be back on 24 & 25 October 2023 in Brussels.
- Session 2: Beyond bread and beer: unleashing the power of fermented foods
- Session 3: Waste not, want more: creating value from food by-products and waste streams
Abstracts will be selected based on scientific excellence and relevance for the sessions. Submissions are accepted until August 31st. Presenting authors will be informed between Sept 1st and Sep 15th. If the presenting author is an Early Career Scientist, he/she will get priority over a senior scientist. An Early Career Scientist is defined as postgraduate student or a scientist from academia or industry who has received his/her highest degree (MSc or PhD) within the past ten years. Travel and accommodation for the selected presenting authors will be covered by ILSI Europe.
Abstracts submission is closed.
Identifying knowledge gaps and a roadmap for building a health claims portfolio
Interdisciplinary interactive workshop organised by the Prebiotic Task Force to identify current gaps in scientific understanding and support for prebiotic health benefits and the link to microbiota modulation.
- Provide a state-of-the-art overview of the scientific evidence on the health benefits of prebiotics and the link to microbiota modulation.
- Identify the current routes to make a prebiotic claim for food or food supplements in Europe and compare these with worldwide health claim regulations (e.g. North America, Asia-Pacific).
- Design and co-build a roadmap to progress scientific support for prebiotic health effects and health claim substantiation.
What to expect from the interactive sandpits?
Three experts in the field will give a presentation on the mechanistic, clinical and regulatory insights related to prebiotic health benefits. The session will be closed with a 40min interactive discussion, in which the experts and workshop participants aim to answer the following questions:
- What is the consensus position with regard to the mechanism(s) and evidence linking prebiotics, microbiome modulation and physiological function for the corresponding topics?
- What are the gaps (both scientifically and from a regulatory perspective) regarding health claims for prebiotics and the corresponding topic?
- What is needed (or should be done) to approach/tackle these gaps?
- What could be an ideal roadmap to address these gaps and develop further support for prebiotic health effects and health claim substantiations?
Consult the detailed agenda Download the presentations' slides
Confirmed speakers include:
Prof. Paul de Vos
University of Groningen (NL)
Prof. Nathalie Delzenne
Prof. Gemma Walton
University of Reading (UK)
Prof. Seppo Salminen
University of Turku (FI)
Prof. Kieran Tuohy
University of Leeds (UK)
Prof. Ellen Blaak
University of Maastricht (NL)
Prof. Philip Calder
University of Southampton (UK)
Prof. Louise Dye
University of Leeds (UK)
Dr. Kathy Musa-Veloso
Intertek Scientific and Regulatory Consultancy (CA)
Dr. Alessandro Busetti
Dr. Annegret Nielsen
Analyze & Realize GmbH (DE)
Dr. Alwine Kardinaal
Prof. Philip Burnet
University of Oxford (UK)
Dr. Lesley A. Houghton
University of Leeds (UK)
Dr. Anirikh Chakrabarti
Senior Scientist, Cargill (BE)
Dr. Elaine Vaughan
Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Sensus (NL)
Dr. Damien Guillemet
Scientific Development Director, Nexira (FR)
Prof. Kieran Tuohy
Professor of Energy Metabolism and Microbiome, University of Leeds (UK)
Dr. Lucien Harthoorn
Director Research & Development, Clasado Biosciences (UK)
[wpanchor id="registration"] RegistrationRegistration for IEAS on 24 October
To attend the ILSI Europe Annual Symposium, register using the blue button below. Different fee categories are proposed. The registration fee for the Annual Symposium gives you access to the workshop on 25 October. Early bird fees are valid until 30 June 2023. Register to IEAS 2023 Registrations for workshop on 25 October
Registrations for the prebiotics workshop are closed.
Registration cancellations should be addressed in writing to Hugo Costa (email@example.com). Cancellations received before 10 October 2023 will be refunded minus €50 handling charges. Cancellations received after 10 October 2023 will not be refunded. Substitutions of attendees are accepted if addressed in writing to Hugo Costa.
[wpanchor id="venue"] Venue and access
The Symposium will take place in Comet Meetings Louise: Place Stéphanie 20, 1050 Brussels.
Metro, tram and bus
Comet Meetings Louise is located in the heart of the Louise district. Public transport is an excellent option to reach the venue:
- (M) Louise - Lines 2 and 6 (5 min walk)
- (T) Louise - Lines 8, 92, 93, 97 (5 min walk)
- (T) Stéphanie - Lines 8, 92, 93 (2min walk)
- (B) Stéphanie - Line N11 (3min walk)
If you decide to come by your own car, you will find several parking options just a few minutes' walk away.
- Inter-Parking Parking Stéphanie (4min walk)
- Q-Park Parking (4min walk)
- ZenPark Parking (5min walk)
Access to the conference will be granted to registered participants only. Upon arrival, participants should present themselves at the registration desk and will receive a personal badge. The registration desk will be opened from 08:30am to 09:30am.
Accessibility for everyone is one of our priorities. Comet has put in place various devices that make their facilities accessible to people with reduced mobility (PRM).
Free internet is provided by WiFi throughout the venue.
If you have any questions or specific access requirements, please email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
[wpanchor id="hotel"] Accomodation
All pre-booked rooms at Moxy Hotel for our upcoming event have been reserved. In case you were unable to secure a room, we have provided a list of nearby hotels from the venue for your convenience. Some of these hotels offer a discount code that can be used to secure a room at a better rate. Please follow this link for alternative accommodation options and to have access to these discounted rates.
Recording and photos
Video recording and photos will be taken during the event for communication purposes.
[wpanchor id="contact"] Contact
For more information about the symposium program, please contact Isabelle Guelinckx at email@example.com
For questions about the registration, please contact Hugo Costa at firstname.lastname@example.org