The work committees of ILSI Mesoamerica are the spaces in which academia, governments, and industry establish joint work opportunities and develop activities for the region.
The purpose of this committee is to train representatives of the Pharmacovigilance Departments of the Ministries of Health and of Health Care Organizations of the Central American Region, on Good Pharmacovigilance Practices and the necessary resources for their implementation.
The objectives to be worked on in the committee will be:
- Strengthen the relationship with the pharmaceutical industry sector in Central America and the Caribbean.
- Establish a discussion forum with companies in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Establish lines of work to propose projects in both sectors related to disruptive technologies.
Among the topics that will be discussed in the forums of companies in the pharmaceutical sector are:
- Sustainability and eco-bio-friendly.
- Good pharmacovigilance practices.
- Labels and accessibility for the older adult consumer
- Falsification and serialization.
- Convergent and emerging technologies. Nanotechnology and Pharmacy
Activities carried out 2018:
1- Conference: Nanotechnology and the challenge in the Pharmaceutical Industry, carried out in June in San Jose, Costa Rica. Read more…
Activities carried out 2016:
1- II Pharmacovigilance and Surveillance of Medical Devices Symposium within the framework of the National Medical Congress of Costa Rica, carried out in November in San Jose, Costa Rica. Read more…
Activities carried out 2015:
1- Scientific Symposium on Pharmacovigilance: news, risk management, and drug safety carried out in November in San Jose, Costa Rica. Read more…